Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Faster is in the Future

Hey y’all! This past weekend, I watched the Arena Pro Swim Series at Mesa on TV, and I not only was blown away by the fast times, but also the suits. Specifically, I saw many swimmers wearing a new kneeskin from Speedo. So being that total nerd, I had to find out all ‘bout it. Turns out, it is *cue drumroll* … the Speedo LZR Racer X, and it is a piece of perfection. Coincidentally, on Thursday at practice, the sports marketing gal from Speedo showed up with a bunch of these suits for my team to try on and test in the chlorine!

My team looking beast in the Speedo LZR Racer X.
The Speedo LZR Racer X uses the newest technology for optimum performance. It all starts with the fabric, that stretches vertically but not horizontally for a swimmer to have full range of motion while providing compression and muscle efficiency. Also, the fabric is lightweight and long-lasting, so it will maintain water repellency throughout longer meets. Near the core, there are “ab activators” that help a swimmer have a neutral body line in the water. The entire suit is bonded together with support seams - that are in a metallic blue color and glisten in the sunlight - that inside contain the words Feel the Water. Feel the Speed. Feel Fast. Finally, the suit utilizes laser cut precision straps that are extremely comfortable. These straps are an improvement from the Speedo LZR Racer Elite 2 because they are in a v-shape, which relieve pressure from the shoulders.

When we got to actually put the kneeskins on, I tried on a closed back. The closed back suits are much harder to get into because you do not have the open circle to use to shimmy it on. But, after breaking a sweat and bruising every internal organ and reaching the point where you think the kneeskin will never go on (because it is literally two sizes to small), there is a magical moment where you pull over the final strap and are done! :)

It was finally time to hop into the pool, and immediately once I got into the water I could feel the difference. As I accelerated into every turn, my legs had a faster turn-over rate. Also, even after I was tired, the suit helped me stay buoyant and keep my hips up on backstroke. In fact, this suit is so good, that one my teammates claimed that it felt like they were cheating!

The Speedo LZR Racer X is a kneeskin like no other, and I guarantee that if you purchase it, you won’t be disappointed. I personally have only worn Arena and Blue Seventy, but I really, really, really, really, really, really wanna get this as my next one for long course season. This suit will have the whole world swimming faster within no time, and I can’t wait to see what is coming next from Speedo!

Thanks y’all for reading today! Be sure to comment below on your favorite kneeskin and stay tuned for more posts coming soon! 

XOXO

Siena

No comments:

Post a Comment