Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

'Tis the Season: My Christmas Haul-iday

It began to look a lot like Christmas a couple of weeks ago, when the snow finally came and blanketed the city in white. I simply love Christmas - from the cookies to the holiday cheer to the lights. In this blog post, I will be highlighting some of my favorite gifts.

Makeup

I have always wanted makeup from Sephora. I received the Urban Decay Naked On The Run, which includes five eyeshadows, an all-over powder, bronzer, blush, lip gloss, mascara and an eye pencil. This set has several neutral shades that are perfect for any occasion.


Naked On The Run Palette
Photo Courtesy: Urban Decay


Naked On The Run Tutorial
Video Courtesy: Youtube
My grandma bought me the Bella J. Deluxe Brush Set from Nordstrom. It has a domed powder brush, flat rounded blush brush, flat eyeshadow brush, duo fiber blending brush, definition brush, and lash/brow groomer brush. These six brushes work well with all of my new makeup.

On the top of my wish list was a Large Ruffle Cosmetic Bag from Vera Bradley. I simply adore the Cherry Blossom print and this bag is durable yet fashionable. The inside of the bag has a waterproof lining, which allows for easy breezy cleaning (If you are like me - a germophobe - then this is a biggie).

To tie everything together, one of my presents was a Two-Sided Makeup Mirror by Conair. It has four light settings - day, evening, home, and office. I honestly don’t care about these different lightings, especially the office because it is pointless since I don’t have a job. With 1x and 5x magnification, this mirror allows one to see the bitty details.

Hair

I am kinda obsessed with anything and everything concerning hair. For a long time, I have been wanting a curling wand. When I unwrapped my Remington Pearl Ceramic Professional Curling Wand, I ran to plug it in to test it out. This wand creates the perfect ringlet and heats up to 410 degrees within minutes. As an added bonus, it comes with a heat resistant glove to prevent any burns, and when I wear it I feel like Michael Jackson.

Between the chlorine and everyday life, my hair gets greasy fast, to the point where I have to wash it daily. One of the latest crazes is dry shampoo, a way to get the fresh shower look in just a few seconds. I got Batiste dry shampoo in the medium and brunette color. It refreshes your hair, adds body and textures, and removes oils. Plus, the spray container allows for trouble-free application.

Swimming

On my room walls, I have action shots of me swimming. Prior to Christmas, I already had two canvases, one of butterfly and one of backstroke. My parents gave me another one of breaststroke to add to my collection. I adore these pics because they remind me of how much I love the sport and they make my room feel homey and unique.

My Christmas Canvas
I hope that you guys had a fantabulous holiday season, because I know I did! I just realized that I forgot to mention that I got Lululemon leggings as an early Christmas treat, and they are amazing. Be sure to comment on your favorite presents below. Thanks for reading and see you next time!

XOXO 

Siena

No comments:

Post a Comment