Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Heatless Hairstyles

On my last post, my friend Alyssa asked, “What are your favorite no-heat hairstyles?” Today, I will tell you anything and everything ‘bout these hairdos. Being a swimmer, my hair is already really damaged from the chlorine, so I don’t wanna make it any worse. Also, I am pretty sure my hair is the thinnest in the entire world because my Papa decided to pass on his horrible genes. So, without further ado, lets get started! 

Warning: I usually look horrible when I wake up in the morning. But as far as bad hair days are concerned, ain’t nobody got time for that *insert sassy emoji here*! 

Literally me in the morning.
Photo Courtesy of: Travels of Yogi
Since sleep is bae, I like to get most of morning stuff done before hand and not procrastinate, like I do with my homework. My first no-heat hairstyle is sock bun curls. With slightly damp hair, take your sock bun and roll it up through your ponytail. After a night of flawless sleep, remove the sock bun and separate the curls with your fingers for a messier appearance. I have tried this look numerous times, and it doesn’t fail to please!

This next no-heat hairstyle is definitely my fav, mainly because it gives me a beachy vibe. All hope is needed, as PC has the longest winters. First, simply section off your wet hair and do two side french braids. In the morning, remove the braids and be prepared to be amazed. If you want to add a little volume and take your waves to the next level, spritz in a little bit of sea salt spray

Now, if you want to take a more traditional approach, you can use foam rollers. While your hair is moist, start dividing it. I prefer about one inch sections, but you can use different sizes to suit your needs. Foam rollers can be uncomfortable to sleep in, but they are totally worth it. I remember when I was little, for halloween I dressed up as a spa girl. I was such a dork back then!

Sometimes, the ends of your hair still will stay straight when you try these hairstyles. If so, you can touch it up a little with a curling wand or crimper. If your curls do not turn out how you like it, you can try a half up and half down or the perfect pony. Because these styles use damp hair, they tend to last all day. But, just in case, you can take a bit of hairspray for an extra hold.

As most of y’all know, I am absolutely obsessed with watching tutorials on how to do hair and makeup via Youtube. I mentioned this before, but Cute Girls Hairstyles is pretty much life. They have a lot of videos on clever no-heat hairstyles, and you can check them out on their channel here!


Paper Towel Curls
Photo Courtesy of: Cute Girls Hairstyles
That is all that I have for you fellas today. Please comment down below on if you have tried any of these no-heat hairstyles, or if you have any ideas for future blog posts. Your input is greatly appreciated! If want to stay up to date with my blog, follow me via email in the sidebar! Thanks :)

XOXO

Siena

No comments:

Post a Comment